Now comes the VCI capsule VC1-2! VC05-1 is deleted
Introducing the VC1-2!
The new capsule will protect cupboards up to 118 liters for 2 years. Until now, we have lacked a capsule for small cabinets with a catalog performance of 2 years. All capsules whose names end with -2 have a duration of 2 years.
At the same time, the small VC05-1 is discontinued,
or 1-1(s) as it is called in other markets. The VC05-1 was simply a VC1-1 with less sponge material around. Therefore it became unnecessary. The VC1-1 is therefore identical to the VC05-1 in terms of capacity. The VC05-1 will still be available from stock until further notice.
Zerust VC1-2 has our article number 10201102 and we have registered the capsule in the EFO-Base with electrical number 1834113.
About directory performance
When we determine a capsule's protection time, we look at how long a certain amount of chemicals manages to maintain a certain vapor pressure in a defined volume. A given amount of VCI material will be able to maintain sufficient vapor pressure for, for example, twice as long as the catalog says if the volume it is to protect is significantly lower. But here there are many assumptions that form the basis of the calculations. Therefore, we chose to introduce VC1-2 to remove all doubt.
Initially, VC1-2 will only be launched in the Norwegian market. This is to meet the requirements for 24 months protection which we find in many Norwegian offshore specifications.
We are reducing the price of the VC1-1 down to the price of the VC05-1, which is being discontinued.
VC1-2 is priced between VC1-1 and VC2-1.
The other prices will remain unchanged.
Placement of the capsule
The gas spreads in the cabinet by diffusion from a dry substance. The substance has some power to spread gas out in spherical form, but it eventually stops. We use this limit to determine catalog performance on the capsule.
You can imagine that a kind of beach ball is formed by the protective atmosphere. The parts you are going to protect should be inside the beach ball. We have calculated the size of the beach ball into the size of the cabinet the capsule can protect.
If you have large or long cupboards, you should think about stacking several balls in the cupboard, with the capsule placed as close to the center of the ball as possible.
Which VCI capsule?
Zerust has a range of capsules covering from 4 liters to 24,000 litres.
- For transmitters, junction boxes, switches you can choose 3/4" Plastic Abs . These are no bigger than a thick postage stamp and always fit. Still, they cover up to 4 liters for 2 years. Like all emitters, Plastabs has double-sided tape.
- For We use small electrical cabinets VC1-1 . This emitter covers up to 118 liters for 1 year.
- For You can also use small electrical cabinets VC1-2 . This emitter covers up to 118 liters for 2 years.
- For We use Rittal racks as in the picture above VC2-1 or VC-2 both of which cover 938 litres, for 1 or 2 years respectively. But according to the "beach ball theory" above, you should use 2 VCI capsules separated from each other.
- For larger central units, you can use several VC2-1 or VC2-2 or the powerful one VC6-2 which covers a total of 24 m3 for 2 years
- It is not possible to overprotect. Put in as many as you want :-)
- A little geek information at the end:
You will find all the information in the product description. The first number VC(2)-1 indicates the diffusion radius in feet, i.e. (2x0.3m)=0.6m. The bath ball therefore has a radius of 0.6m. The second number VC2-(1) indicates the protection period in years, i.e. 1 year.
|VC3/4" Plastic tab||20x20x3mm||4 liters 2 years|
|VC1-1 Capsule/Emitter||55x25x18mm||118 liters 1 year|
|VC1-2 Capsule/Emitter||55x30x23mm||118 liters 2 years|
|VC2-1 Capsule/Emitter||55x30x23mm||938 liters 1 year|
|VC2-2 Capsule/Emitter||77x30x23mm||938 liters 2 years|
|VC6-2 Capsule/Emitter||205x103x50mm||24m3 2 years|